It is highly beneficial to work with a licensed REALTOR® to sell a property, it’s also important to choose the right agent. When choosing your REALTOR®, ask the following questions:
- How long have you been a real estate agent?
- What is your experience with properties like mine (size, location, price range, etc.)?
- How will you market my property? What’s your marketing plan?
- How often will you communicate with me throughout the process? Will it be by phone, email or in person?
- What is your commission rate? Are there any other fees that I need to be aware of?
- Can you provide me with a list of references from past clients?
- How will you help me with negotiating the best price for my property?
- Do you have any recommendations for other professionals I may need during this process, such as a home inspector or mortgage broker?
- How long do you think it will take to sell my property?
- What sets you apart from other real estate agents?
These questions will help you understand the experience and qualifications of the real estate agent, as well as their approach to buying or selling a property. It’s important to feel comfortable with your agent and to have a good rapport with them, so don’t hesitate to ask any other questions you may have.