The sun is finally coming out – time to get your recreation on. Have you been to all of the best parks in Idaho? BONUS – find resources to learn what parks are pet friendly!
- Yellowstone National Park – This park is situated in parts of Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho and is known for its geothermal features such as geysers, hot springs, and mud pots.
- Sawtooth National Recreation Area – This park is located in central Idaho and features over 700 miles of trails, alpine lakes, and rugged mountain peaks.
- City of Rocks National Reserve – This park is located in southern Idaho and features unique rock formations that are popular for rock climbing, hiking, and camping.
- Hells Canyon National Recreation Area – This park is located on the Idaho-Oregon border and features the deepest river gorge in North America, as well as opportunities for boating, fishing, and hiking.
- Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve – This park is located in south-central Idaho and features volcanic terrain, lava flows, and caves to explore.
- Bruneau Dunes State Park – This park is located in southwestern Idaho and features the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America, as well as opportunities for stargazing and hiking.
- Lake Cascade State Park – This park is located in west-central Idaho and features a large reservoir, as well as opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping.
- Harriman State Park – This park is located in eastern Idaho and features a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and horseback riding, as well as wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Payette Lake State Park – This park is located in west-central Idaho and features a scenic lake with opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping.
- Ponderosa State Park – This park is located in west-central Idaho and features a scenic lake, hiking trails, and opportunities for camping and wildlife viewing.
Bringing a four-legged friend? Here are some resources you can use to locate pet-friendly parks in Idaho:
- BringFido.com: This website provides a list of pet-friendly parks, attractions, and restaurants in Idaho.
- GoPetFriendly.com: This website allows you to search for pet-friendly parks in Idaho by city or state.
- Idaho State Parks and Recreation: The Idaho State Parks and Recreation website provides a list of pet-friendly parks and campgrounds in Idaho.
- AllTrails.com: This website provides a list of pet-friendly hiking trails in Idaho.
- Official city or town websites: Some city or town websites in Idaho may have information about pet-friendly parks in their area.
Remember to always check the park’s rules and regulations regarding pets before visiting, and make sure to clean up after your pet and keep them on a leash when required.