Finding the Perfect Pet
In the real estate industry, we take pride in helping the whole family; that includes your four-legged family members. We know how important pets are and that they are, in fact, family members as well. It is one of the things that makes Idaho so great! What a perfect place for you, your children, and your pets to thrive.
The American Veterinary Medical Association has released information that Idaho is the number one state for dog ownership in the country not far behind in cat ownership.
The Treasure Valley has 11 reserves with over 40 miles of trails. There are many parks, including a new dog park in Anne Morrison Park where dogs have their own island in the riverway. What more could a dog ask for?
There are countless ways to find the perfect dog and we’d love to share how.
If you are wanting a certain breed, there are many rescue resources available for most breeds located all across the country. Almost all rescue facilities require that you travel to the dog and some groups will not adopt out of state. Often the dogs are in rescue facilities because their owner died, circumstances changed in the family, or the dog may have been pulled from the shelter.
We have many rescue facilities available right here in southern Idaho. Here are a few!
- Idaho Humane Society – The largest and oldest animal welfare society in Idhao (also a veterinary clinic). They just moved to their new state-of-the-art location on Overland in Boise.
- Meridian Canine Rescue – This is a dogs only facility in Meridian
- West Valley Humane Society – This facility is located in Caldwell, Idaho, and serves the western end of the Treasure Valley
- Mountain Humane – A regional shelter in Hailey Idaho working hard to make Idaho entirely “no-kill” by 2025
- Take Me Home Dog Rescue
- Fuzzy Pawz Rescue
Are you in search of a cat? Below are several wonderful groups to help you:
- Happy Jack Cats, Meridian
- Simply Cats, Boise
- Pet Haven Cat Adoption Center, Nampa
- Conrad Strays Cat Rescue, Middleton
- Fuzzy Pawz Rescue
All of these groups are in need of volunteers; a perfect way to give to your community and help animals. Contact your facility of choice or reach out. Let me help you find the perfect pet for your Idaho home, or the perfect home for you and your pet.