Learn how to make delectible Roasted Garlic two ways, and discover ten ways to use your roasted garlic in various dishes!
TEN WAYS TO USE YOUR AMAZING ROASTED GARLIC
- Substitute roasted garlic for fresh garlic in any recipe; sauces and casseroles. Because roasted garlic is so subtle you may need to double or triple or quadruple the amount.
- Use it as a rub on meats.
- Mix with mayonnaise for a delicious sandwich spread
- Add a spoonful or two to any salad dressing you are making.
- Add to mashed potatoes for restaurant-style mashers.
- Mixed with olive oil it makes a great spread for dipping breads or an amazing base for a pizza.
- If you make your own breads include roasted garlic when creating the dough for a very unique and artisan taste.
- Add it to soups for a subtle garlic flavor.
- Mix it with sour cream or yogurts with herbs and seasonings for a delicious dip.
- And last but certainly not least….add to softened butter and spread on french bread to create what will be your most favorite garlic bread!
Meet Chef Doughty
We know her as part owner of Silvercreek Realty Group and the smiling face behind the brokerage accounting department, but did you know that Joyce Doughty has an affinity for culinary arts?
Chef Doughty is a successful food writer and restaurateur who hosted the nationally syndicated daily Public Radio food program “Food for Thought” for 17 years and was also host of the local ABC affiliate morning program “In the Kitchen” highlighting practical recipes and techniques for the kitchen. Recipient of the James Beard Foundation Top Three Chefs in Idaho Award and owner and chef of Idaho’s critically acclaimed Doughty’s Bistro. Chef Doughty was trained at Le Cordon Bleu and received her executive chef certification from the American Culinary Foundation.
Chef doughty has released one cook book, “The Chef Within, Breakfast Edition” to help aspiring chefs learn the fundamentals of cooking and have fun experimenting in the kitchen. She aims to help develop a sense of culinary adventure and create easy, inspired dishes with your own flair and taste. Chef Doughty’s second book, “The Chef Within, Dinner Edition,” is projected to be released in March of 2021. She has blessed us with a sneak peak recipe!